No Donna Edwards, I Don't Care

Donna Edwards, who happens to be my member of congress here in Maryland, just sent out the following to her email list.

Yay, Politico named you to a perfectly arbitrary list! Look, I don't have any serious problems with Rep. Edwards and she has so far demonstrated the kind of values I want to see in my Rep. that we weren't seeing in Al Wynn. But trumpeting insidery lists from Politico is the path to faildom. Politico, in the larger sense of people in congress working for us, does not matter one bit. In fact, its an impediment to getting things done in congress thanks to the noise it shoots out.

Members of congress shouldn't be trumpeting it when Politico lauds them. In fact, the less Politico is involved in congress, the better for democracy.