Matt Taibbi Apologizes to a Vampire Squid

by Ben Cohen

Having compared Goldman Sachs to a Vampire Squid, Taibbi offered the following apology to the fish when asked by his readers whether he knew that the Vampire Squid was actually real:

On one final note, I received a few letters asking me if I was aware
when I wrote my Goldman piece that there actually is such an animal as
a vampire squid, and if perhaps I’m not sorry now to have defamed this
beautiful animal. The answer is yes (I’d seen documentaries) and yes.
Apologies to Vampyroteuthis infernalis (literally, the vampire squid from hell).

Real footage below: