Exposing GOP Tactics on Health Care

By Ben Cohen

A great depiction of the GOP's anti public health care tactics from the always hilarious Bob Cesca:

Political race-baiter (and, somehow, CNN contributor) Alex Castellanos wrote a memo for Republicans
about how to attack the president's healthcare reform agenda. In it, he
suggested that Republicans use the line: "The Obama Experiment with our
health could change everything we like about our health care -- and our
economy." Within hours, Michael Steele who, by the way, can't recall who his health insurance provider is, used the word "experiment" 30 times in a single speech.
30 times. Naturally, "experiment" is designed to scare you into
believing the president will replace your doctor with, I don't know,
Dr. Giggles who will steal your DNA in a nefarious attempt to clone a race of pig men.

The sad thing is, the party can't get its lines straight, and have been inadvertently praising the public plan. Take Michele Bachmann's extraordinary outburst:

"Approximately 114 million Americans are expected to leave private
health insurance. Why? Their employers will drop the insurance because
the taxpayer-subsidized plan will be 30 to 40 percent cheaper."

Whoops. But then again, Republicans have never really loved the free market - it's far too dangerous for all of their donors.