Blogging On Race

You know, I hate writing about racial issues. I'd much rather be talking about almost anything else relating to politics, but so often instead of discussing policy differences and differing belief systems, Republican and conservatives jump to race. And while for the nation I think things have gotten significantly better (Cambridge PD notwithstanding), since President Obama's election the conservative drumbeat on racism has gone from suck to blow.

Conservative bloggers and commenters like to insist that I cry racism all the time, and I'm pretty sure that part of that is due to my trademark bluntness (if someone's being racist, I say so). So be it. They're wrong on everything else, why stop now?