Audra Shay: Young Republicans Elect Racist

Voldemort GOP

It's good to see that the next generation of Republicans have elected a leader with the same traditional values the party has supported for so long. The states rights crowd that fled the Democratic party after LBJ signed the Civil Rights Act later found a home in the formerly racially progressive GOP and never looked back, despite the facts and the morality.

Audra Shay, 38, has won the post of chairman of the Young Republicans -- despite accusations that she endorsed racism on Facebook.

Shay's candidacy, supported by Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, hit a snag in recent weeks when she responded to a comment made by a friend on Facebook saying "need to take this country back from all of these mad coons" with "You tell em Eric! lol."

But more controversial comments from Shay were found by the Daily Beast. After an effigy of Sarah Palin was hung, she said "What no 'Obama in a noose? ... I am wondering if the guys with the Palin noose would care if we had a bunch of homosexuals in a noose." She's also written that President Obama "attacks white people" and posted a video claiming Obama believes he has to help African-Americans over whites to "ensure his own salvation."

Onward, regional pro-racist right wing party, onward.

(Also, why is a 38 year old leading the Young Republicans?)