A Tragic Murder, and a Physics Lesson for the 9/11 Truthers

by Ben Cohen

A regular reader of The Daily Banter, writes in with the following tale about the tragic murder of his wife. It's relevant to the 9/11 Truthers because her body was badly burnt and managed to cause damage to a ceiling 10ft above:

Carol and I were watching GMA when the second
airplane went in; it was perfectly clear what had happened.The 9/11 conspiracy folks bank their argument upon
the standard temperature at which JP-4 burns over against the melting point of
the steel uprights in the towers. They don't include the blowtorch effect
wherein an accellerated input of air (oxygen) accelrates the oxidation of the
fuel, which in turn increases the heat manifold.This is not pleasant, but relevant. She and I
talked on the cellphone from 12:04 to 12:08. She said we had gotten
a good Medicare check, and she was going to take a shower (she had been mowing
all morning), and make a run to the bank. She had heated-up left-over
spahgetti and eaten it, the Medicare check was on the table, and she had taken a
shower and dressed when she was murdered.Therefore, it is doubtful she was killed any
earlier that 12:45, and probably at least a few minutes later. No more
than an hour and a quarter after her body was set on fire, the volunteer fire
department arrived and extinguished the fire, which was mostly her body still on
fire.Because of screw-ups by the regional forensic
science center, I have twice held my wife's lower jaw in my hands. It was
burned from the right side across the midline; the charring about three-quarters
on an inch up on the right side. The carpet under her torso was burned
into the underlayment. These speak to how badly her body was
burned.Now, why is this relevant to 9/11? Her body
lay partially in the stairwell; we have ten-foot ceilings and there was a
skylight directly above; the plants in the planter above the stairwell were
cooked. The fire detector in the hallway above the stairwell was
melted.No smoke downstairs.It speaks
to how enormous the heat was, and the upward
draft.
We are talking about a large bottle of household highly inflamable liquid, and
whatever her minimal body fat contributed toher body being on
fire. So, in 9/11 we have jets crashing into the towers,
can't imagine that would do structual damage, spilling tons of fuel, and there
is no blow-tourch effect that would have raised the temperature sufficient to
weaken the steel uprights?