The Metro Accident

I gotta tell you, it is beyond surreal to see that about 9 people have now died in the DC subway accident. Not only is it just down the street from my house, but this is my train. The accident happened between the Takoma Park and Fort Totten stations, and I get on at Takoma Park and off at Dupont Circle every day for work.

Metro is such a basic part of our lives here that you don't really ever think about it, its always there. In fact, the system was opened here about 2 years before I was born. The last thing you could imagine is that somebody could ever die on it. I feel so badly for the families of the victims.