Jon and Kate plus 58

By Ben Cohen

Last night, I tuned in for a couple of minutes to watch the Jon and Kate plus 8 extravaganza. Apparently, the octo mom and her near suicidal husband were announcing a divorce, and I felt a duty as a media commentator to watch it. I lasted about 2 minutes and had to turn the channel out of sheer boredom. It was the first time I had seen the show, and was blown away at how absurdly banal it was. Two couples arguing about where their 19 children should play was about as good as it got, and it wasn't getting any better before I turned it off.

Apparently, this constituted entertainment, and drew over 10 million viewers - more proof that people enjoy road accidents, not talent. No wonder Glenn Beck is the star of Fox News