Sen. John Ensign Admits Extramarital Affair

A few months ago he attacked Larry Craig for his sexual escapades. The hypocrisy strikes again.

Sen. John Ensign (R-Nev.) has acknowledged an extramarital affair with a campaign staffer in a statement released by his office. 'I deeply regret and am very sorry for my actions,' said Ensign. He is expected to announce the affair at a press conference at 6:30 pm tonight. The affair, which was with a woman who worked for both Ensign's re-election campaign and his Battle Born leadership political action committee, began in December 2007 and ended in August 2008.

FLASHBACK: Ensign on defending marriage from gays.

Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev., said he would support a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage.

After evaluating the idea of President Bush's recommendation of such an amendment Tuesday, Ensign said he believes it is necessary "to protect the institution of marriage in America."

"In order to defend the institution of marriage, uphold the rights of individual states and maintain the will of the people, I believe we are compelled to amend our country's Constitution," Ensign said.

Who will defend the sanctity of marriage from John Ensign?