Fox News' Megyn Kelly Got Letter On Ensign Affair, How Come Fox Didn't Report It?

Of course, Fox considers themselves the voice of the opposition, so it would be in their modus operandi to put the brakes on stories harmful to the GOP...

In a letter dated five days before Sen. John Ensign’s public confession of an extramarital affair, Doug Hampton pleaded to a national Fox News anchorwoman for help in exposing the senator’s ‘heinous conduct and pursuit’ of Hampton’s wife.

Hours before the Sun obtained an unsigned copy of the letter, Ensign’s spokesman said the senator disclosed the affair with Cynthia Hampton because her husband had approached ‘a major television news channel before Tuesday,’ the day Ensign admitted the affair. ‘We learned of this fact before the news conference,’ the spokesman noted in an e-mail.

In his letter, Hampton, a former top administrative aide in Ensign’s Capitol Hill office, said: ‘The actions of Senator Ensign have ruined our lives and careers and left my family in shambles. We have lost significant income, suffered indescribable pain and emotional suffering. We find ourselves today with an overwhelming loss of relationships, career opportunities and hope for recovery. Our pursuit of justice continues to place me and my family in harm’s way as we fear for our well being.’