Debbie Shlussel, Idiot of the Week

By Ben Cohen

It is because of Muslims--who are the biggest contributor to the
worldwide rise in anti-Semitism to Holocaust-eve levels--that neo-Nazis
feel comfortable--far more comfortable!--manifesting their views about
Jews. Until 9/11 and our resulting new tolerance for Islam, the
neo-Nazi types were marginalized and howling at the wind. We know who
has been targeting Jewish museums and centers affiliated with Jews in
recent years. And it hasn't been, in general, 89-year-old White guys. - Debbie Shlussel

According to her own website, Shlussel has 'unique expertise on radical Islam/Islamic terrorism'. So why she would publish this type of drivel is beyond me. It's so ridiculous, it's barely worth commenting on, other than the sad fact that many of her followers won't bat an eyelid when reading it.

Let's get some facts straight. Islam is a semitic religion (and Palestinians are semitic people) so the term Shlussel is ascribing to anti Israel sentiment is plain wrong. Secondly, no one with half a brain would compare anti Israeli sentiment in the Arab world to the rampant racism seen throughout Europe (does Debbie remember the 6 million Jews slaughtered by white European Christians?). The '89 year old white guy' who killed the museum guard in Washington most likely developed his twisted view of Jews independently of the 'Islamofascism' that Shlussel makes her living hyping. Shlussel offers no evidence for her assertions, other than the unsubstantiated claim that:

Muslims created this atmosphere where hatred of the Jews is okay and
must be "tolerated" as a legitimate point of view. The shooting today
is just yet another manifestation emanating from that
viewpoint--another manifestation of the welcome mat that Muslims rolled
out for fellow anti-Semites of all stripes to no longer be afraid to
come out of the closet.

It's nice to see 'experts' take their public role seriously. After all, Shlusser is a regular on Bill O'Reilly's show. You can't get more serious than that.