Conservatives vs. History

The conservative Chicago Trubune reprinted, and Newsbusters links to a cartoon critical of FDR and his team from 1934. It is supposed to parallel - negatively - what is happening now under the Obama administration.

Things that happened in the decade or so after that cartoon was originally published:

* America defeated the Great Depression
* America and our allies defeated the Nazis
* America entered into one of the biggest economic booms in its entire history
* Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected three more times to the presidency

Why would America and a Democratic president want to repeat that feat? Please, Br'er Fox, don't throw me in that thar briar patch.

These are things practically every American child knows. Conservatives would know it too if they cracked open a book.