Chrysler Conspiracy Theory

Matt Taibbi on the latest conspiracy theory that the President’s Automotive Task Force forced
closures of Chrysler dealerships who contributed heavily to Republican
candidates last year:

I don’t know. It sounds sort of like bullshit to me. The notion that

someone would bother to kneecap a bunch of Chysler dealers seems pretty

absurd. Hell, if you want to punish a Chrysler dealer, it seems to me

that the best thing to do is force him to keep trying to sell

Chryslers. But you can expect to hear some more about this in the

future… I’ve seen this three times already, now all that needs to

happen is a Tweet on the subject from Kim Kardashian or something. Stay

tuned.