Why I love Mark Levin

By Ben Cohen

The transcript of an argument between super crazy Right Wing Shock Jock Mark Levin and a caller had me in stitches. Via Bob Cesca and theamericanscene:

CALLER: I just wanna say,
Obama is a lot smarter than you folks give him credit for. You guys
were on a roll, I have to admit, with all those tea parties. Everything
was rolling along, the Republicans were gaining momentum. And he
managed to change your entire conversational focus. And you let those
three hundred thousand people —

HOST: My God. He’s so smart. His own party
voted against him on Guantanamo Bay. How stupid was that, Cindy? His
own party refused to fund the closing of Guantanamo Bay.

CALLER. Yeah but you know he can just move those people over here anyway. He’s already doing it with the one guy.

HOST: Yeah, sure, he can do whatever he wants. Let me ask you a question. Why do you hate this country?

CALLER: No, I love this country.

HOST: (angrily shouting) I SAIDWHY DO YOUHATE MY COUNTRY! WHY DO YOUHATE MY CONSTITUTION? WHY DO YOUHATE MY DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE?

You just said it. He can blow off Congress. He can do whatever he wants, right?

CALLER: Well, he seems to, he just moved (inaudible).

HOST: Answer me this, are you a married woman? Yes or no?

CALLER: Yes.

HOST: Well I don’t know why your husband doesn’t put a gun to his temple. Get the hell

MARKLEVIN: Answer me this, are you a married woman? Yes or no?

CALLER: Yes.

MARKLEVIN: Well I don’t know why your husband doesn’t put a gun to his temple. Get the hell out of here.

For those of you who don't know about 'The Great One' (the name fellow Right Wing sycophants have given him), he appears to be some sort of growth found on Rush Limbaugh's backside who managed to get a radio show. As Cesca writes: "What makes him worse is his voice sounds like a drunken pubescent boy whose nostrils have surgically healed over," which apparently millions of Right Wing loons like.

I find the entire concept of Mark Levin hilarious. He's clearly a disturbed guy who had a hard time at high school and has now found a platform that gives him ultimate power with no actual responsibility. At 51, he's old enough to have served in the Vietnam War (he didn't), and old enough to have served in the Gulf War (he didn't). In my view, he's and a great ambassador for the GOP - all talk and no trousers (as we say in England), and probably the next in line for the throne after Rush.