Why Celebrities Should Shut Up

By Ben Cohen

I read this quote from Ashton Kutcher and my jaw dropped:

Years from now, when historians reflect on the time we are currently

living in, the names Biz Stone and Evan Williams will be referenced

side by side with the likes of Samuel Morse, Alexander Graham Bell,

Guglielmo Marconi, Philo Farnsworth, Bill Gates and Steve Jobs —

because the creation of Twitter by Stone, 35 (right), Williams, 37, and

Jack Dorsey, 32 (not pictured), is as significant and paradigm-shifting

as the invention of Morse code, the telephone, radio, television or the

personal computer.

Again, this reinforces my long held belief that celebrities should stick to playing make believe and taking their shirts off. Ashton Kutcher is probably a nice guy (although he does seem rather smug and self satisfied), and he appears to be quite bright. So why on earth he is writing this type of utter nonsense is completely beyond me. While Twitter is quite fun, it isn't exactly revolutionary. The Blog was certainly a huge event in the history of print, and Twitter is really only a condensed version of that.

Doing thing like posting pictures of his wife's ass has gained Kutcher a cult following on Twitter, and I think he has become a little carried away with its potential power.

Oh, and please follow us on Twitter. It's really helping create a big community for The Daily Banter....