Why Are We Honoring Traitors?

I didn't know there was a ceremony in which the president sent a wreath to the Confederate war memorial, and I have to say President Obama's compromise of sending one to the African American Civil War Memorial is pretty weak tea.

The confederate army was a traitorous organization. Their very existence was in defense of the subjugation of millions. The confederate army existed to keep people like myself, my family, and President Obama and his family in shackles forever. Why the heck would we honor that?

We should build a shopping mall there.