Quote of the Week: Ann Coulter on Torture

By Ben Cohen

Just for kicks, I check out lunatic sites like anncoulter.com and michellemalkin.com. It's kind of like a guilty pleasure, as I get to feel very intelligent and superior (it is also comforting that even 5th rate writers can make money from their websites ). Anyhow, check out this wonderfully uplifting quote from hermaphrodite/rightwing pundit Ann Coulter:

Liberals try to disguise the utter wussification of our interrogation

techniques by constantly prattling on about "the banality of evil."

Um, no. In this case, it's actually the banality of the banal.

Start with the fact that the average Gitmo detainee has gained 20
pounds in captivity. There's even a medical term for it now: "the Gitmo
gut." Some prisoners have been heard whispering, "If you think Allah is
great, you should try these dinner rolls."

I can't help but feel her rantings are somewhat quaint these days, like a faded pop star doing a farewell tour in Eastern Europe. People still pay to come and see her, but she pulls out every trick in the book to keep them occupied. It won't last forever, and I guess we should enjoy her while she's still here.