Powerline Explains The Conservative Approach To Journalism

Arguing about this story on 60 Minutes involving a dispute between Ecuador and Chevron over unclean oil dump sites left in the country, Powerline sums up the conservative view on how these disputes should be resolved in the public eye:

If you want facts rather than biased sensationalism, you have to go to the company, not the television show.

That's right. We all know that giant corporations - especially multibillion dollar oil concerns - are the straightest of straight shooters.

Look, I'm the last person to throw in all my trust with the mainstream media - I see images theymanipulate all day long - but the last person I'm going to trust on a story like this is the megacorp that stands to lose money.