Paint Your Roof White to Save the Planet

By Ben Cohen

It seems the Greeks have been on to something for a while now (check out photo of typical Greek housing):

Summer Lovers :: Oia, Santorini, Greece by JoshTrefethen.com.

According to Obama's climate guru, Steven Chu, the US Secretary of Energy and a Nobel prize-winning

scientist, painting the roofs of our houses white can help stop global warming. From the

Independent

:

Steven Chu.....said yesterday that making roofs and pavements white or

light-coloured would help to reduce global warming by both conserving

energy and reflecting sunlight back into space. It would, he said, be

the equivalent of taking all the cars in the world off the road for 11

years.

I can't wait to hear the Republicans response to this: "Obama wants to control the color of your house", "Obama wants to stifle individuality", "Obama wants to use your tax money to paint someone elses house". Brace yourself.....

(photo by JoshTrefethen.com)