Fox Ambushes Janeane Garofalo

By Ben Cohen

I instinctively side with anyone ambushed by a Bill O'Reilly journalist, but in this case, I think the 'reporter' (and I use the word very loosely), has a point. In light of the tea bag protests, Garofalo said the following about the Tea Baggers to Keith Olbermann:

This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is

racism straight up. That is nothing but a bunch of teabagging

rednecks. And there is no way around that. And you know, you

can tell these type of right wingers anything and they'll

believe it, except the truth.

While I agree that there was a racist element to the protests (middle America is having a very hard time dealing with a black man in the Oval Office), I think it was a little unfair of Garofalo to categorize ALL the protesters as being racist. I'm a big fan of Garofalo, and her criticism of the protests wasn't wrong, it just wasn't completely right. I'm all for bashing Fox News at every given opportunity, but when they are right (and sometimes they are - Shep Smith sporadically covers himself in glory for honesty and integrity), the Left needs to say so.