Emulating The Religious Right?

That's what John Aravosis is doing here when he extrapolates the sentiment of one Mormon that Jon Huntsman should evangelize for his church in China to be a set-in-stone mandate that no matter what Huntsman says, he will do this. Huh?

Huntsman is no more bound by his church's beliefs than anyone else in the world. It wouldn't make sense if you changed the players and said I was bound to do something because I'm black, or if I said John would do something simply because he's gay. That's silly talk of the worst kind. Gimme a break.

I must admit its weird reading that kind of thing coming from someone who is part of a community that has fought for years to not be dismissed and lumped in with part of a community.