Detroit on the Brink

By Ben Cohen

A fascinating report from Fault Lines on the destruction of Detroit as a major city, the glimpses of resistance, and the struggle to find a new way of living outside of industrial capitalism:

What on earth Ron Paul is talking about is beyond me - while the Texas Representative is right on a number of issues, his views on economics are just plain crazy. Paul thinks the auto industry should be allowed to fail so we don't violate the principles of the 'free market'. They haven't exactly served the economy well in recent times, and Paul's insistence that they work just indicate how far removed he is from reality.