Cheney on Powell: "I didn't know he was still a Republican"

By Ben Cohen

Dick Cheney - World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2004 by World Economic Forum.

The Dark Prince tells CBS that he'd pick Rush Limbaugh over Colin Powell:

"Well, if I had to choose in terms of being a Republican, I'd go with

Rush Limbaugh, I think," Cheney replied. "I think my take on it was

Colin had already left the party. I didn't know he was still a

Republican."

"So you think that he's not a Republican?"

"I just noted he endorsed the Democratic candidate for president
this time, Barack Obama," Cheney said. "I assumed that that is some
indication of his loyalty and his interest."

"And you said you would take Rush Limbaugh over Colin Powell."

"I would, politically."

It's amazing that Dick Cheney actually believes he is a representative of Republicanism, rejecting the idea that the part must change if it wants to be electable:

"I think we win elections when we have good

solid conservative principles to run upon and base our policies on

those principles"

Hmmm, so running up huge deficits, massively increasing the scope of the federal government, and torturing are 'conservative principles'? Colin Powell is far closer to the traditional definition of conservatism than Cheney has ever been, and the suggestion that his bastardized version of the ideology wins elections is provably false. But then reality and was never a required litmus for Cheney's power projections, just naked ideology built on greed and violence. Why this psychopath is still doing the media rounds is beyond me, and most decent people. I go up and down on the woes of the Republican Party. Part of me finds the whole thing hilarious, the other finds it deeply troubling that a great Democracy could include such fanatical insanity within its mainstream.