You Can't Talk To Poo-Flinging Monkeys

GayPatriot (according to much of the right, no such thing exists) sounds that old conservative woe-is-me song by noting:

One of the themes I have been addressing with great regularity almost since the moment I started blogging is how all too many on the left seek to insult and otherwise strive to discredit conservatives rather than engage them on the level of ideas.

If conservatives ever wanted to be serious about things, we might be able to have a serious adult conversation with them about things. Liberals tried that for a long time and all we got out of it was the media treating the crazed rantings of lunatics as the equivalent of scientists, doctors, and economists.

We're dealing with a conglomeration of people who believe that the earth is 6,000 years old, that cutting taxes for super rich people will eventually trickle down to the rest of us - we just have to wait a few decades for it to really really kick in, and that of course now we're being marched into Marxism by a secret black militant Muslim who was born in Kenya.

This is who we are dealing with now in America:

Only a fool would take that sort of nonsense seriously.