Who Cares About Michelle Obama's Clothes?

/2243228958_e189a4a2c9.jpg

Michelle Obama

, originally uploaded by

Story Accents

.

By Ben Cohen

Has anyone noticed the media's bizarre preoccupation with Michelle Obama's wardrobe? On the front pages of the Guardian, Yahoo, the Huffington Post and about a hundred other big sites/papers/news stations, the first lady's attire has been relentlessly scrutinized in minute detail.

I understand that fashion sells, but as the world economy is collapsing around our heads, shouldn't serious news media outlets focus on the issue at hand rather than the brand of Obama's frock?