Paper Tiger...

It's possible that I'm reading this wrong, but this story about the Obama administration pushing for immigration reform and the possible political backlash seems a little overwrought. That isn't to say that some people have really strong feelings about immigration, but the sound and fury of the nativist faction seems time and again to be more noise than anything. They tried to make this a big time issue in both the 2006 and 2008 elections and both times the most vehemently anti-immigration candidates did not win, from the Republican primaries to the general election.

I reserve the right to be totally wrong on this, but I dunno...