No Contigency Plan For Peak Oil

Imperial Oil - Strathcona Refinery by .eyebex.

By Ben Cohen

George Monbiot asks a rather pertinent question: Does the British government have a plan for peak oil?

The answer is rather alarming. According to Monbiot, who actually wrote to the government, a letter came back stating the following:

“The Government does not feel the need to hold contingency plans

specifically for the eventuality of crude oil supplies peaking between

now and 2020.”

I hope I'm not alone in asking the question WTF??!?!?! This seems rather like sending an plane on a 20,000 mile journey with only enough fuel for 10,000 with no way of filling up mid flight. In other words, we are F@#$ed. Great.

(photo by eyebex)