Joe Scarborough Bashes Torture Memo Release

By Ben Cohen

I'm fast changing my mind about Obama's release of the torture memo, mostly because Republicans have been so vehemently critical of it. At first, I thought it was a highly calculated, centrist ploy to appeal to everyone and no one, the standard cautious approach that Obama has made his trade mark move. However, the backlash around conservative circles has proven that the move was indeed quite a brave one. While I still believe Obama should go much, much further, the release of the memo that essentially codified torture is having a real effect. The proof? Check Joe Scarborough's take on it: