For Now, America Isn't Buying From The Crazy Store

Conservative response to the North Korea missile launch:

"Especially in light of the North Korean launch, I thought his speech was otherworldly," said John Bolton, the conservative former Ambassador to the United Nations under President Bush. "What is he saying about the real, concrete threat from proliferant states like North Korea and Iran? We'll take you to the Security Council. Say, there's a threat! That has had no practical impact on either Pyongyang or Tehran before and will not in the future."

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said he would have attempted to knock out the missile. And Richard Perle, a former Reagan official who was a leading proponent of the Iraq war, mocked Obama for recently trumpeting the prospect for renewing an arms agreement with Russia, saying the president was practicing diplomacy that is utterly irrelevant.

“Can anyone imagine a Russian nuclear attack on the United States?” said Perle, who said Obama should worry instead about terrorists getting a mass-destruction weapon, possibly with the aid of Iran.

Most of these people are clinically insane, depraved, or both. That they had any hand in American foreign policy for the last 10 years is troubling at best, and a betrayal of fundamental American values.

As we stand here in 2009 the United States is just now regaining its moral authority to lead the world after these people dragged the planet into the sewer with their pigheaded decisions and arrogant actions. The core of how we deal with the world is that in addition to having the biggest guns we also have the most respect. The right has always been big stick without the requisite "speak softly", and when they were given unfettered control over our foreign policy they loused it up.

Now that the grownups are back in charge, they throw their fecal matter from the sidelines with all kinds of ridiculous statements without any root in reality. Thank God that's all they can do, for the safety of us and the world.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure this Rasmussen poll is the usual crap that now passes for polls from Rasmussen: Drudge/Fox News linkbait.