Eric Cantor: Democrats "Overreacting" To Global Economic Crisis

From the people who brought you John McCain's "the fundamentals of the economy are strong". Republicans remain completely and absolutely out of touch with the people.

The Virginia Republican, speaking to reporters at the Christian Science Monitor breakfast Thursday morning, praised Rush Limbaugh for his "ideas" and for avoiding the Democratic error of "overreacting, if you will, which this town often does, to crisis.. Rahm Emanuel said, 'We're not going to miss the opportunity to take advantage of this crisis because we're going to do all the things we couldn't get done before."

In the real world?

The number of people filing new jobless claims jumped unexpectedly last week, while those continuing to receive benefits hit a 10th straight record-high. Both figures show the labor market remains weak and is unlikely to recover anytime soon, despite some signs the economy's decline is moderating.

And that, friends, is why it is impossible to take a party seriously when it elevates someone as clueless to a position of leadership.