Being The Grownup In The Room

President Obama dealt with Daniel Ortega's harangue at the Summit of the Americas much in the same way he dispatched Sec. Clinton in the Democratic primaries and Sen. McCain n the general election - appealing to people's need to move forward and not get bogged down in the ridiculous past:

"To move forward, we cannot let ourselves be prisoners of past disagreements. I'm grateful that President Ortega did not blame me for things that happened when I was three months old. Too often, an opportunity to build a fresh partnership of the Americas has been undermined by stale debates. We've all heard these arguments before."

The last administration tried to ignore the rest of the world or to act like a belligerent asshat when they were forced to work in international organizations. It didn't work and made American interests suffer for it. We live in the 21st century now and we've got a finally got a president worthy of the bridge Bill Clinton began building a decade ago.