We Need Universal Health Care To Compete Economically In The World

Time to get on the stick.

If the global economy were a 100-yard dash, the U.S. would start 23 yards behind its closest competitors because of health care that costs too much and delivers too little, a business group says in a report to be released Thursday.

The report from the Business Roundtable, which represents CEOs of major companies, says America's health care system has become a liability in a global economy.

That's one of the reasons the bogus "Obama is doing to much" attack falls flat. The vast majority of the changes the President is pushing - health care reform, green power, education reform - are key elements of getting America's economy working over time once we recover from the Bush Recession.