Steele Keeps Clowning The GOP

I remember when Howard Dean was elected DNC chairman he was asked if he planned to run for president in 2008. He made an unequivocal "no" his response. His role, as he saw it, was to rebuild the Democratic party - then at an amazingly low point coming off of 3 unsuccessful elections (2000, 2002, 2004). Michael Steele? Well, Steele is open to running for President. Now look, Michael Steele lost by double digits in Maryland, likely his best shot at ever winning any sort of election on his own, so he's not actually going to run. But if I were an RNC member I wouldn't like the idea that our obviously woefully underprepared party chief who has spent some of the party funds on refurbishing his office and not preparing the party, is even entertaining the idea of running for President. In fact, that statement from Steele would make me think that the RNC is just a well funded publicity campaign for the Michael Steele brand.