Imperial Games in Afghanistan

By Ben Cohen

If you ever wanted proof that Western powers are still imperialists in disguise, this Guardian report should leave no doubt. The U.S is apparently not satisfied with current stooge Hamid Karzai, so is covertly planting another 'leader' into the government to bypass Karzai.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it's another strategy doomed to failure. The move is transparent, arrogant and no doubt expensive, and a sure fire way to piss off regular Afghanis. As our attention shifts to the badly damaged nation, expect to see a lot more of this type of action. If we thought Iraq was bad, wait till the press starts seriously covering Afghanistan. It won't be pretty.