David Cameron Apologizes for not Predicting Economic Crisis

By Ben Cohen

I don't believe Cameron believes a word of this, but it's smart politics:

In an interview before a speech to Birmingham business leaders in

which he acknowledged the Tories should have realised banks were

accumulating unsustainable debts, Cameron said: "Of course I am sorry

we got some things wrong. We were right to call time on government

debt, but we should have said more about banking debt and corporate

debt."

His comments are intended to embarrass Brown, who has
refused to apologise for decisions he took as chancellor and prime
minister that could have exacerbated the recession despite coming under
strongpressure to do so.