Cheney Slams Obama's Policies

By Ben Cohen

I had to laugh out loud at this one:

Former US vice-president

Dick Cheney

todaylaunched a forthright public attack on

Barack Obama

's administration, saying decisions to close

Guantánamo Bay

and outlaw harsh interrogation methods had left the

United States

more vulnerable to the risk of a terrorist attack.

In an interview also remarkable for the strenuousness with which he sought to defend George Bush's foreign policies, Cheney claimed the US had achieved "what we set out to do" in Iraq,
and that the war had been "worth doing" because it had eliminated "the
biggest threat" America faced in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.

Dick Cheney is about as relevant to political discourse as Britney Spears is to giving child rearing advice, so thankfully no one is actually listening to him. However, it would be nice if he went to prison for his disservice to the country, so we'd never have to hear from him again.