AIG/Schiavo

There's been a lot of handwringing by the GOP and their representatives in the media - Rush, Hannity, CNBC - about the measure passed in the House by the Democrats to get the people's money back from the robber barons at AIG. Now, that legislation was pretty broadly written, for corporations owned by the government to the same extent as AIG (We own 80% of the thing and yet still haven't been dictating how it's run. Crazy!).

But these same people bitching and moaning about taxes on millionaires larding more millions on other millionaires were the same gang of jackals who passed a law in the congress not about a group of people or a class of people, but one person: Terri Schiavo.

They were involving the government in a private family matter where it had no place being, but yet they've ginned up the outrage factory over taking back our own government money from one of Wall Street's gangs.

This should tell you all you need to know about the current crop of Republicans and conservatives.