Worst Vice President Ever Pipes Up

You remember how those conservatives flipped out when former Presidents and Vice Presidents like Clinton, Gore, and especially Carter would offer up their opinions. The crying and howling about how it violated protocol? Barack Obama hasn't been president for a full month yet.

Former Vice President Dick Cheney warned that there is a “high probability” that terrorists will attempt a catastrophic nuclear or biological attack in coming years, and said he fears the Obama administration’s policies will make it more likely the attempt will succeed.

In an interview Tuesday with Politico, Cheney unyieldingly defended the Bush administration’s support for the Guantanamo Bay prison and coercive interrogation of terrorism suspects.

And he asserted that President Obama will either backtrack on his stated intentions to end those policies or put the country at risk in ways more severe than most Americans—and, he charged, many members of Obama’s own team—understand.

“When we get people who are more concerned about reading the rights to an Al Qaeda terrorist than they are with protecting the United States against people who are absolutely committed to do anything they can to kill Americans, then I worry,” Cheney said.

Now, I don't care if Cheney pipes up - removing all doubt, etc. - but it's hilarious to me that the presidential team who presided over the worst terror attack in the entire 233 year history of this nation has styled themselves as expert in preventing terror attacks. And nobody in the MSM has the balls to clal them on it.

/pixy.gif?x-id=cacc424d-25ef-4fe9-b525-45d1ac2412a1