Stimulative Spending

Yesterday on Hardball I saw one of the Republican bots attack a provision to spend (according to him, I haven't checked) $650 million on government computers as not stimulative. That's so stupid. Do those computers just appear out of the air? At any given moment in the average computer, there are components from 20-30 companies. Then there's the company charged with assembling and packaging the computer. Then there's the IT staff required in the government to deploy and maintain the machines. Unless the government has made significant advances in cybernetics and we have a robot army, these activities are all done by human beings employed to work.

Which is kind of the freaking point.