Rob Liefeld Youngblood Movie To Be Directed By Brett Ratner, Comic Movies Jump The Shark

Seriously. Youngblood?

Reliance inked a development deal with Ratner’s shingle Rat Entertainment, as well as Julia Roberts’ Red Om Films, during the Berlin film fest.

The company paid mid six figures for the rights to ‘Youngblood,’ about a superhero team sanctioned and overseen by the U.S. government.

I concede I was part of the problem in the '90s. I bought a lot of stuff with cool art and crap writing, but Youngblood?

(And look, I concede that I still like Liefeld's art. But Youngblood is a badly written and conceived entity. If you're gonna option something from the '90s, why not WildCATS? Jim Lee, I still swoon for thee.)