ODS Watch: Alan Keyes Brings It

If you thought Alan Keyes, failed senate and presidential candidate - former MSNBC host - could get no crazier for his radical anti-choice positions and his general nuttiness, you were wrong. The candidacy and now presidency of Barack Obama have made old Alan go off the rails even more. He's an Obama birth certifcate truther and his comments are getting even better:

"Obama is a radical communist, and I think it is becoming clear. That is what I told people in Illinois and now everybody realizes it's true," said Keyes, who ran unsuccessfully against Obama for the state's open Senate seat in 2004. "He is going to destroy this country, and we are either going to stop him or the United States of America is going to cease to exist."

Of course, the problem with Keyes' nutty rhetoric is that it echoes many of the words and sentiments felt by every day Republicans.

It's a Truther party.