Judd Gregg Dropping Out

So long, don't let the door hit you. These Republicans, I swear. They should just adopt "Party First" as their official slogan, its the principle they operate under. His reasoning makes no sense. It's like he's saying (to paraphrase Condi): "Who could have known that a Democratic president would have Democratic positions on the vital issues of the day?"

UPDATE: MSNBC does some checking and shows that Gregg just doesn't meet the smell test.

Despite citing the economic stimulus as one of the reasons behind his withdrawal to be President Obama's Commerce secretary, Judd Gregg had been saying some very nice things about the plan, even though he recused himself from voting for or against it while being considered for the Commerce post.

On Feb. 4, the day after Obama officially nominated him for the job, Gregg told CNBC's Larry Kudlow that a major stimulus plan made sense. "I think a major stimulus package ... makes a lot of sense, and the Senate is still working its will and I expect it will come up with an even stronger package than the package that left the House. If we don't get this economy going, the numbers that represent this stimulus package are going to be small compared to the loss of revenue to the federal government."