Is Geithner's Plan Another Give Away to Wall St?

By Ben Cohen

Robert Scheer is feeling the hangover of Geithner's stimulus plan:

The Geithner speech betrayed the buildup
to it offered by President Obama in his press conference the day
before. I was such a sucker I found myself cheering at almost every
line, agreeing that Republicans acted with total irresponsibility in
opposing Obama’s plan to stimulate an economy that was wrecked on their
watch. But then came the hangover reality of Geithner’s talk. Instead
of the promised transparency we were treated to yet another “trust Big
Brother” hustle.

How wonderful that Geithner, who as head
of the New York Federal Reserve was in on the first wasted $350
billion, now promises a brand new Web site to help us taxpayers follow
the action. It means nothing, given that he specifically ruled out any
of the serious means of holding Wall Street accountable.