Greenspan Says Nationalize Banks

By Ben Cohen

Alan Greenspan's recent comments in the Financial Times are the biggest sign I've seen so far that the U.S government has no other option than to nationalize the banking system. Greenspan, the poster child of neo liberal economics, accepted the idea of nationalization in the face of the huge economic meltdown:

”It may be necessary to temporarily nationalise some banks in order to

facilitate a swift and orderly restructuring,"he said. “I understand

that once in a hundred years this is what you do.”

Yes, and it's only once in a hundred years when we have people like Greenspan running the economy - a factor he is yet to acknowledge.