Colorado’s Bob Beauprez: Conservative Liar Of The Day

Must they make everything up? EVERYTHING?

KOA guest host Bob Beauprez falsely suggested that President Obama failed to salute a Marine upon boarding the Marine One helicopter. Beauprez did not cite specifics about the purported incident, but his apparent reference to Obama shaking the hand of a Marine guard before a February 5 flight contrasts with video and photographs accompanying news accounts of the president traveling to Andrews Air Force Base on that day, clearly showing him saluting the Marine standing attention at the helicopter, then shaking his hand.

This guy was a member of congress. And he ran for governor of Colorado. Not Mars. Colorado!

Like The Daily Banter on Facebook!
  • MEMBERS ONLY: Inside The Obama White House's First Christmas

    MEMBERS ONLY: Inside The Obama White House's First Christmas

    Through never-before-seen photographs and video, Daily Banter White House correspondent Tommy Christ[Read more...]
    Why Obama Will Never Prosecute Dick Cheney Or Anyone Else For Torture

    Why Obama Will Never Prosecute Dick Cheney Or Anyone Else For Torture

    The New York Times dares to dream with a bold but sadly unrealistic editorial.[Read more...]
    The Ultimate Christmas Gift: A Banter Membership!

    The Ultimate Christmas Gift: A Banter Membership!

    With only three days to go till Christmas, the rush to buy shiny things for relatives they'll probab[Read more...]
    President Obama Condemns Killings Of Two NYPD Officers
    The Sony Story Once Again Proves That Hackers Are Absolutely Not "Young Online Activists"

    The Sony Story Once Again Proves That Hackers Are Absolutely Not "Young Online Activists"

    The skewing of Snowden's story into the utterly bizarre territory of defending and legitimizing hack[Read more...]
    • Quaker in a Basement

      That shows respect, in that the President thinks of him as something more than a doorman.

      Although it is self-evident as always, I’ll say it anyway: Duros is right.

    • Duros62

      I thought it kind of funny that Obama surprised the marine by shaking his hand (after saluting him). He’s been so used to – and trained – to be rock still at all times, it threw him off.
      But if you’re gonna spend the next 4 years hanging around the guy, it would be nice to know his name, n’est pa? That shows respect, in that the President thinks of him as something more than a doorman.

    • topsy, part one

      Salutes are for GIs. Da prez ain’t no GI and he needs to knock it off, pronto. ‘Nuff said.

    • daniel rotter

      Reagan aside, even if Beauprez was right, so what? The only people who are supposed to salute military personnel are other military personnel.

    • ed

      Cross on Bush asking Troops to pray for him about 1:50 into the video.

    • ed

      Remember G.W. Bush saluted the troops while ignoring their needs.

      Pretend President George Bush, Jr. also asked The Troops to pray for him. Funnyman David Cross had a good bit on this.

    • Zardozinhell

      PS: Remember that a salute doesn’t necessary mean that you respect the troops. Remember G.W. Bush saluted the troops while ignoring their needs.

    • Zardozinhell

      He’s the “Commander-in-Chief” and he can salute or not, nothing is carved in stone.

    • ed

      I mean, was and included. When Reagan did it, then of course all the traditional rules were changed, because he was more important than military tradition.

      Yet one more reason to dislike Ol’ Dutch. What a dipshit fraud that guy was.

      The question of who’s stupider, Dutch or George Bush, Jr. is the Ginger vs. Mary Ann debate for the Reality Based. It’s not an easy call, especially since Dutch’s Alzheimers started kicking in in 1987. Tragic on so many levels.

    • Parthenon

      Desperate, sad little people.

      ‘My listeners don’t have the patience, and I don’t have the giddyup to go learn about and discuss actual issues. Here’s a helping of steaming horseshit.’

    • http://pabloonpolitics.com pablo

      This just in!
      Former General Dwight Eisenhower,NEVER saluted uniformed members of the Armed Forces while in office as POTUS.
      Why, because he knew it was it was a strict military custom that salutes are only to be used between serving uniformed military members.

    • Porlock Junior

      This is funny, because the way I heard it, a civilian is not supposed to give a military salute to a military person. That includes the civilian who is Commander in Chief.

      I mean, was and included. When Reagan did it, then of course all the traditional rules were changed, because he was more important than military tradition. And obviously the inherent Presidential power to override 200 years of military standards does not apply when the President is Black, sorry, I mean Democratic.

      (Then again, if the stuff I read 20+ years ago was wrong about this, please set me straight. Citing proper authority, of course.)

    • http://wetcasements.wordpress.com Jaim

      Did you guys hear that Obama is black?

    • calling all toasters

      Well, at least he didn’t claim Obama spit on the Marine and called him “baby-killer.”

      Yet.

    • ed

      That figures. Ol’ Dutch prolly felt natural doing so, what with being in the Signal Corps in World War II, and having visited Buchenwald shortly after the Nazi defeat and helped to take films of that camp.*

      *That never actually happened although Ol’ Dutch claimed it did more than once.

    • http://www.dangerwest.com tom

      That’s right. If I’m not mistaken, the habit of presidential saluting was begun by Reagan. By no means is it required for the President to salute anyone.

    • Quaker in a Basement

      The right worships the military when it suits their purposes.

      The man in uniform salutes in deference to his President, not the other way ’round. I actually heard this segment while I was driving home last night. (Beauprez was filling in for uber-nut “Gunny” Bob.) Of course, Beauprez and the caller couldn’t get through it without singing a couple of choruses of “The Military Hates Bill Clinton!”

    • icruise

      It really is pathetic. First that idiotic business about not wearing a suit coat 100% of the time in the oval office and now this. I couldn’t care less if he actually did fail to salute someone, because I know it would have been an oversight and not an intentional slight. But the “incident” in question didn’t even happen. They really seem to be grasping at straws.