We Checked! #2: Bernard Goldberg Hacks Up An Interview

Too good to check, my friends.

In another house-of-cards example of purported media infatuation with President Obama offered by Bernard Goldberg in his new book, Goldberg echoes Rush Limbaugh by printing badly doctored "snippets" of an interview between Charlie Rose and Tom Brokaw. Goldberg's doctored transcript of the interview falsely suggests, among other things, that Brokaw expressed the view that "there's a lot about [Obama] we don't know," when, in fact, Brokaw attributed that assertion to "conservative commentators" and that comments Brokaw and Rose made about their lack of familiarity with the candidates applied only to Obama when, in fact, they were referring to Sen. John McCain as well.

You gotta think Goldberg snipped up the interview, slapped it in his book and had a moment to himself where he was damn sure nobody was going to check. He'd just jump on Fox News, flog his book, and count the royalties. Unfortunately... We Checked!