We Checked! #1

I'm thinking of an ongoing feature highlighting right-wingers trying to pass b.s. on that ends up getting pwned by liberals doing something crazy: checking.

Our first example is from Media Matters, where I work. Bernard Goldberg has a new book out complaining about the press being too soft on Obama. In the first chapter Goldberg whines about a feature on CBS telling you "5 Things You Should Know About Barack Obama". Clear bias, right? CBS is just so in the tank for Obama they produced this fluff piece. But...

WE CHECKED!

Turns out CBS put out the same sort of piece about John McCain a few days later. Bernard Goldberg put a lie out there and banked that nobody would check. But somebody did.

/pixy.gif?x-id=17fa18ae-0e12-433b-89fe-1c85360f313b