The African in Obama

By Ben Cohen

Desmond Tutu recognizes the African in Obama:

http://geoconger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/desmond-tutu-wcc-photo.jpg

You see already some examples of Obama’s style of leading. Right
after the election, he was sitting with McCain and they were agreeing.
That’s a fantastic image! It doesn’t happen in many countries in the
world that people who are so at each other’s throats at a campaign can
then sit and say, “We are going to collaborate.” That’s the style of
leadership the world is so hungry for, where the leader asks, “What is
your opinion, what is your opinion?”

The African in him is the one who is making him ask, “What is the
consensus?” That’s the African way at its best. The good leader in
Africa is the leader who keeps quiet and lets others speak and then
says at the end, “I have heard you all, and this is our mind.”