Super Bowl Credentials Down

Perhaps you don't need to send the reporter from Sheboygans #1 News Team to cover the Super Bowl...

The number of media credentials issued for the Super Bowl is down for the first time in recent memory, according to the National Football League, which revealed there were simply fewer requests.

Although there are more media outlets receiving credentials than ever before -- 633 this year compared to 576 last year -- the number of specific credentials requested dropped from 4,786 for last year's game in Phoenix, Ariz., to 4,589 for Sunday's game in Tampa, Fla.

I was recently listening to The Mike O'Meara Show (as I do every day) and our local sports goddess Lindsay Czarniak noted that she was not being sent to the Super Bowl this year, even though NBC is carrying the game and the station she works for - WRC NBC 4 - is owned by NBC itself.