Stupid Hall of Fame: NRO's Kathryn Jean Lopez is nuts

By Ari Rutenberg

In this week's National Catholic Register, which bills itself as "America's "most complete" Catholic newsweekly" (and its really weird because they put 'most complete' in quotes...), National Review Online Editor Kathryn Jean Lopez wrote a very interesting, somewhat incoherent article on humility.

It's not that I disagree with the sentiment that POTUS needs to be humble. It just that she thinks he needs to be humble before GOD. And not just that...she thinks this nation was founded as a Christian one. Not simply with Christian dogma and morals codified in law as so many do, but actually to praise and work for Jesus. Oh, and she doesn't think we have a choice in the matter.

"We’re a nation not just where you

are free to believe or not to believe; we’re a nation founded

for
Him

— so we could praise Him, so we could do His will."

Wow...I think she might actually understand less about the history of this nation than Bush. Not free to believe?!?!?! Wow. I just...wow.

You know what...I think Kathryn Jean Lopez and her ilk can go do whatever it is they think is God's will. Just as long as they leave the rest of us out of it and let us go on with the actual business of this country. Wow.